Ordering a repeat prescription
If you require prescriptions for regular and continuing treatment, it is not always necessary to see the doctor each time. Repeat prescriptions are computerised and the tear-off slip at the side will indicate the date your review is due.
Give 72 hours (3 full working days’) notice. Please DO NOT telephone.
Order your repeat prescription online at a time that suits you.
Your details and information are protected by the highest standards of online security, so all you need to worry about is what to do with the spare time you’ve earnt.
Problems booking online appointments?
Before you call us.
Other ways to order
- Use the tear-off slip to re-order by post
- drop into the box provided outside the surgery entrance.
- Send a stamped addressed envelope for the postal request. Please allow longer for these to be returned you.
- Make an appointment with the Doctor (or Nurse if appropriate) when your review is indicated.
- If you run short of medication unexpectedly, your regular Pharmacist may be able to help you pending a repeat prescription being ordered in the normal way.
Local Chemists will deliver to patients who are permanently or temporarily house bound.
Our practice nurses are now trained to do annual medication reviews for patients:
- under 50 years with Asthma
- with Hypertension
- taking the contraceptive pill
When your medication review is due please ask to book with the nurse or the doctor as appropriate. You should book your medication review a couple of weeks or so before the date printed at the bottom of your repeat prescription. Patients using inhalers should bring these with them to their review appointment.